Thursday, January 8, 2015

We're doing something new!

Just a quick post to toss a few bits of news out there.

I'm really excited to announce that I'll be working with rather than against my Boxing Challenge opponent,R.L.Malpica in a new venture that some of you may be interested in.
Cleveland Sports Outsiders will be a new site for Cleveland (and Ohio State) news and opinions that I'll be involved in and will expand sometime soon to podcasts with R.L. and myself.
Today's post on the Cavaliers trade for Timofey Mozgov was re-printed there,but I'll have some original material there some too.
I hope you'll consider checking it out for print and the eventual listening portion as well!

Two quick notes from the inbox

Goodbye to former WBA Heavyweight champ Ernie Terrell,who recently died at the age of 75.
Terrell won the vacant title taken from Muhammad Ali with a decision over Eddie Machen and defended twice before being pounded for 15 rounds in the "What's My Name" unification bout vs Ali.
Terrell refused to call Ali by his new Muslim name and called him "Clay" and Ali could be heard throughout the bout yelling at Terrell "What's my Name" with combinations following...

Grantland offers a look at the state of Loyola Marymount basketball since the loss of Hank Gathers in 1990.
Former NBA coach Mike Dunlap is the latest coach to give LMU a try since then in an attempt to return the Lions to prominence.
I thought the article was very interesting...

No comments: