Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Quick Notes-Buckeyes!

A few quick notes on why you haven't seen a recap of the Ohio State Buckeyes winning the national championship over the Oregon Ducks.

I've been a bit busy and I haven't had time to review the tape the way that I'd like to.
When I do a football recap,most often than not than not,I re-watch the game and add some fresh thoughts without the running emotion of the live game.
I'll start working on that tonight and in a day or two,I'll have a review that hopefully I'll be satisfied with as I look back on it on days down the road.

The other reason is that when you win a national title and most of your other teams aren't very good (baseball is turning the corner) that you tend to reflect and savor the feeling for a while because you might not have it anytime soon.
Johnny Sain once described this to Jim Bouton in Ball Four as the "Cool of the Evening"- a feeling of a job well done that you don't have to do again for a while,

I have some things that I want to get finished while I'll have some down time with the Devils and Cavaliers being away.
I want to do a Browns recap by position and maybe a Buckeyes as well,although I just might leave a national title  where it is without any critiquing by me!
I also have a personal post or two to add and I think some of you might enjoy those and later today,I'll be putting up a link to my latest podcast that I'm sure maybe one or two of you might listen (I can hope for more).

Anyway,I'll be back soon with more,but until then-Go Buckeyes!

No comments: