Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday "Blues" or Blue Jay.....

Pretty slow right now.
Football is a weekend game,baseball's winter meetings have featured the Giants re-signing Angel Pagan and Marco Scutaro,the Pirates sitting on the hands while the Indians are shopping Asdrubal Cabrera while looking for a return of Ted Williams,Bob Gibson and two prospects.
The Cavaliers are battered by injuries and as a result beaten on most nights and the Devils are watching guys meet in a board room.

So that leaves not a ton to write about,but let me see what I can type.
I was once told that "Christmas is a special time",like I could not have figured that one out on my own,but that is not always the case.
It is not always a special time for all of us.
Don't get me wrong,I don't have too many problems when things are located at the World Headquarters,but it isn't always so wonderful when I am elsewhere.
It is not that I don't like or care about those family members/friends,it is just that I am most comfortable in the little bubble here.
The stress of the holidays affect some more than others (I generally don't mind them,I can have the same issues over gatherings for a weekend barbeque) and many get the holiday blues.
I have a family member that is almost like clockwork when they get hit with the holiday tremors and it truly affects them.
I think a lot of this is because in our time,the movie/tv industry really makes some people (and occasionally even this writer) just feel like their family life falls far short.
It makes sense because they are just entertainment and few of us can match the fantasy world where all is great,everyone gets along and big families travel from around the country to spend the holidays in mom and dad's huge house.
Really,how many of us can afford to take that time off work?
The holidays really can be "a special time",but perhaps all of us (me included) should try a little harder to make them a little easier for those that struggle with issues.
I might not like it,but a little kindness can go a long way......

Why the Blue Jay?
The lovely Cherie and I are taking a page out of my parents book and locating a feeder and eventually another one as near to a window as we can to watch them more.
Thus far,we are getting a few,but my main goal is to attract more Cardinals,Blue Jays etc.
This picture is not mine-BTW,if any of you have experience in attracting the more visually striking birds-feel free to comment,I'll take any advice given!

Photo Credit:Unknown

No comments: