Saturday, April 27, 2013

Blog changes and fight night

Before a few thoughts on tonight's title fights on HBO and Showtime,I want to let everyone know why I have not been posting as many MLB posts as I would like.

I just haven't been seeing as many games as I would like and I don't feel comfortable writing about games that I have not seen.

I simply can feel the blog changing a bit and I'm not saying it is better or worse,just can feel a transition.
I think Devils game to game coverage will stay mainly because in the winter,I have more time on my minds and the same for Browns and Ohio State coverage as well.
However,as sad as it is- with the minor league season,I just don't see as many Pirates/Indians games.
I'll still have plenty of stuff on trades and the draft and I'm going to work on our Pirates and Indians top prospect series (better late than never) soon.
That's not to say that that game coverage is gone,just that it might not be as often.

HBO has a three fight card tonight that headlines WBC (and generally recognized as the world) Middleweight champion Sergio Martinez returning to his home country of Argentina to defend that title against England's Martin Murray.
Murray is not a soft touch,being one of many to be robbed in Germany against Felix Sturm when Sturm owned the WBA belt and has a real chance against Martinez,mainly because Martinez is coming off a knee injury suffered in his bout against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and for a fighter that thrives on movement,that brings questions to mind.
I still think Martinez wins it,but Murray brings enough to the table that an upset is possible.....
HBO also features heavyweights Chris Arreola against Bermane Stiverne in a bout to decide a mandatory contender for a Klitschko brother.
If Arreola is in shape (always an issue),he wins this one,but an unmotivated (read lazy) Arreola is vulnerable to be outfought if Stiverne is able to move his fists enough....

Showtime features WBA and WBC Jr Welterweight champ Danny Garcia defending against Zab Judah in a bout with so much heat between the two that they cannot even sit together for the same press conference.
However,as I have stated in the past,no one has gotten more shots for less results than Zab Judah and I would be amazed to see Judah come up big in this one.
Garcia easily,but it could be entertaining.

Flashy Amir Khan returns from England for a bout against faded former champ Julio Diaz.
Diaz will be the perfect foil for Khan,who should win easily,although his chin always gives an opponent a chance...

Peter Quillin defends his minor middleweight belt against prospect Fernando Guerrero,who was once very highly thought of before losing in his only real test.
Guerrero has won a few bouts since then,but against no solid opposition.
Considering Guerrero's falling apart in his only test and lack of stamina in his only loss,I have to like Quillin in this one.....

No comments: