Monday, June 23, 2014

Finishing up strong

We finish up the trip with a stop on the way home to two different places and an observation or two.

We left Canton and doubled back a hair (not too much) to the greatest chicken place in the world (just my opinion) in Barberton's Belgrade Gardens.
We have written about Belgrade Gardens here before (here and here),but once again Belgrade made the trip out of the way well worth the time.

Usually,I order the medium white meat (2 chicken breasts),but on this occasion,I decided to order the large and bring two of the three back to Hagerstown (Yes,I had a cooler of ice waiting,no one likes food poisoning!) for a next day dinner bonus.

Between the chicken and the top notch cole slaw with vinegar,it was another great stop at Belgrade Gardens,but the company of the ladies matched the quality of the food as they managed to keep my mind off the loud lady two booths pontificating about her life and still have a great time.

I made a stop on the way home at an Antique shop on the way home and after a call to Derreck landed him two Cleveland bobbleheads for his collection and found a cool giveaway for myself as well to make it worth the stop.
In 2006,the Indians did a figurine giveaway of the 25th anniversary of Len Barker's perfect game and I found it there in the box for just ten bucks.
As those Indian teams from the time period were the base of my Tribe fanhood,that was an easy choice to pick up..

A final word on Turnpike rest stops.
The Ohio Turnpike had closed some of their stops because they were rundown and often smelled bad.
As I've written before,I like old styles and designs,but sometimes they can be just old instead of charming.Use the Muni for an example of this!
However,the new and improved stops in Ohio are just terrific!
Large,roomy,clean and well designed,I would say this is a massive upgrade in the quality and I'd wager that the state's take from travelers might show the difference....

Thanks for reading my trip thoughts.
I have three things planned soon-some thoughts on the NBA Draft on Thursday and who I would like to see the Cavaliers select,a inbox cleaning and a badly needed signing front update as the cards are stacking up thus far!!

No comments: