Saturday, March 7, 2015

Boxing Challenge

Big boxing weekend as many in the upcoming weeks are as Al Haymon and his Premier Boxing Champions series begins to hit the air waves from various networks and locations.

I've been loud about the need for boxing to return to network television and I've stated that I'm not sure about Al Haymon's intentions being good for the sport in making the best fights.
I'm rooting for the PBC to be successful,but not at the cost of running everyone else out of business.
I know many are excited about tonight's card,but I'm not totally convinced that this is going to be a great card.
I think both of these bouts could be lopsided matches,although I'm a little more excited about the April NBC card and if they are what I think they could be,I hope it doesn't turn fans off....
Combine that with an HBO 2 card with Zou Shiming's title shot from China and you have a good day of boxing.
R.L.Malpica leads the boxing challenge 14-13 at this point....

Picks
IBF Flyweight title 12 rds
Amnat Ruenroeng vs Zou Shiming
Both:Shiming Unanimous Decision

Welterweights.12 rds
Keith Thurman vs Robert Guerrero
R.L.:Thurman KO 9
TRS: Thurman KO 11

Jr.Welterwieghts.12 rds
Adrien Broner vs John Molina
R.L:Broner Unanimous Decision
TRS: Broner KO 10

Featherweights.12 rds
Abner Mares vs Arturo Reyes
Both: Mares Unanimous Decision

No comments: