Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Jennifer Pagliei Interview-Part Three

Our interview with Jennifer Pagliei continues with part three.
Jennifer discusses how she came to Hagerstown in this portion...


TRS: How did you get hired by Herald-Mail TV,did you approach them or vice versa?

JP: I saw a posting out on a website and applied to that job as well as 50 others. Other people in the business will tell you that you never know
what the company is looking for and to always apply, it just takes that one thing they are looking for. I basically got the job at HMTV6 right out of college and it was a great first learning experience for me, especially being completely new to the business.

TRS: I stumbled upon you by accident at work (readers know my situation) and was so impressed,How long were you on the air there?

JP: Why thank you! I graduated in May 2014, and was hired and basically moved to Hagerstown for September where I was basically trained in two weeks and thrown on air, you need to rip the band aid off and just jump on! You learn your mistakes by making them and rewatching
yourself over and over again. From September to March I was at HMTV6.

TRS: Herald Mail TV is only available on Antietam Cable and nowhere else. Did you find the lack of exposure frustrating or was it refreshing because you could learn with fewer viewers?

JP: Yes and no. On-air time is on-air time. You learn the ins and outs and the basics. I think this was a great first job experience for me. But to be able to grow you must be able to move on to bigger things and more challenging experiences.

TRS: Hagerstown media is very small and is very much like starting at the lowest level of minor league baseball-Tell me the pros and cons of this.

JP:Pros: a job is a job and especially in this market you need to get your foot in the door as fast as you can. It is all about who you know and once you are in the business you can able to network. Being in a small market I was still doing what I loved and that made it easy for me to
get up in the morning knowing I was going to go to work and do what I love.

Cons: Being in a small market is great for when you make mistakes but it is not somewhere if you want to improve and move on, somewhere to call home. You must be willing to pick up and move to
the next thing.

We will conclude our talk with Jennifer Pagliei in a upcoming post.

No comments: