Monday, March 16, 2015

Jennifer Pagliei Interview-Part One

One thing about my job is that I need to follow the local weather, especially in fall and winter, and do so closely.
As a fan of weather and I'm usually trying to learn more every day, I watch a lot of weather programming.
I've noted in the past that I've had my periods of disenchantment with the Weather Channel (releasing Nicole Mitchell and being more reality show based than the weather) and then Weather Nation, which was very good when based in Minneapolis before dropping in quality when they transferred operations to Denver with all new staff.

So it came as a shock to me when sitting at work trying to get a local weather report that a meteorologist was not just good on the screen, but knew the topic without stumbling over the words and terms.
Hagerstown is usually the first stop for persons beginning in television and I've always said when you see someone talented here-take a good look because they won't be around long.
That was the case with Jennifer Pagliei, who didn't work for the only network affiliate in town, but for the Herald-Mail 6 crew, which is only available via the local cable company and as a result, only finding her at work was an extreme longshot.
Jennifer indeed didn't stick around long as she is headed for Springfield Massachusetts, home of the basketball hall of fame.
However, before she left on the next step up the ladder, Jennifer was kind enough to do an interview with us, which we will be posting over the next few slow days.
Jennifer has also agreed to do an occasional podcast with us from Springfield, so look for her occasional appearances there as well.
Thanks to Jennifer for taking the time for us!

TRS: Tell us a little about yourself

Jennifer Pagliei: My name is Jennifer Pagliei, currently 23, and I am originally from

Pennsylvania. I have always loved the weather since I was little, as

every meteorologist will tell you, and your passion just continues to

grow throughout the years.

TRS: Tell us what you like to do outside of the weather

center,hobbies,interests etc..

JP: Outside of weather, and I really do not like to call it my job because it

is really something I love to do, report the weather to the public, but

outside of weather, I love to exercise. My favorite exercise is running

especially in the spring and summer because you get to enjoy not only

the beautiful weather but all the outdoor surroundings. I also like to

shop, hang with my friends, and family, and trying to escape to the

shore when I can.


TRS: Your bio says you went to Rutgers, why the decision to go there?

JP: Great question. Rutgers had a little bit in every category I was looking

for. I wanted to pursue my major in meteorology, I wanted to be close

to home, and I also wanted to cheer. I applied to Rutgers knowing the

university had all three of these things and got in. From there, I tried

out for the cheerleading team and I told myself if I made the squad

this is where I need to go. Once I made the team everything else fell

into place and I do not regret a thing about it.


TRS: As a Cheerleader did you enjoy doing the football and basketball

games before Rutgers joined the Big 10?

JP: Absolutely! I was a cheerleader since elementary school, almost 14

years, so cheerleading was second nature to me. It was my getaway

from school work and life sometimes, somewhere I could go to just

focus on the moment and not about surroundings issues. But yes, I

loved cheering the football and basketball games and I am sure it is a

great time now that they are in the BIG 10, great experiences for the

new cheerleaders to come.


TRS: When was the decision made to go into the weather industry?

JP: As stated before, weather was always a must for me. I was always

striving to become a meteorologist on TV. I wanted to be able to

pursue my love of weather and be able to show my passion to other

people. Really show them how cool the weather is. But it wasn’t easy,

undergrad was a challenge but that’s what I loved about it, pushing

myself to the limit knowing the outcome. For some reason, if TV was

not my calling I was going to find another way to pursue my love of

weather even if that meant to go behind the scenes or even research.

As for now, TV is still my main career.

Look for part two of our interview with Jennifer in the near future! 

No comments: