Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Cavaliers lose opener to Chicago

Time is short with the Cavaliers playing in Memphis tonight against the Grizzlies,so I want to jot a few notes about Cleveland's 97-95 loss in Chicago to the Bulls.
LeBron James finished with 25 points and 10 boards with Mo Williams and Kevin Love scoring 19 and 18 points respectively in addition.
As mentioned,the Cavaliers are in Memphis tonight before the home opener on Friday against Miami....

Swashbucklings

1) The play of the game was the Pau Gasol block (shown) of LeBron James with roughly three seconds remaining.
Gasol got a little arm,but I had no complaint with no call of a foul.

2) I do take issue with the decision of Mo Williams to take the ball out on the final play.
I would have rather have Kevin Love taking the ball out and Mo Williams,a quicker player,moving around the outside  available to shoot.
Williams had to toss the ball in and the Cavaliers never even got a shot off..

3) Kevin Love looked pretty rusty to me,but he really started to warm up late.
I think Love without the issues of contract following him around will be an improved player over last season...

4) Two quick points-The Bulls blocked ten shots last night.
That's a high number to me.
It's a long season to go,but I think the Cavaliers will need to work on that as the season moves forward...

5) Wasn't thrilled with the free throw shooting with a 10 of 17 (58.8%) and outscored by six from the line.

6) Finally,I'll wrap up with liking how David Blatt used the bench last night.
Every player saw time except Sasha Kaun and Joe Harris.
The Cavaliers were badly outmanned last year in the finals by the Warriors by the depth on the bench and using these guys more over the course of the season is a good thing in my opinion.

No comments: