Thursday, October 22, 2015

GGG drops Lemieux-Boxing Challenge

The Boxing Challenge continued with R.L.Malpica and I and despite some differing results,the lead stayed at four points at 127-123.

Gennady Golovkin continued his rampage through the middleweight division with a eighth round stoppage of David Lemieux that wasn't really competitive despite Lemieux giving a game effort.
I got to watch the fight a few hrs after as some kind soul posted on youtube (I'm sure it was ripped down shortly after) and I had Golovkin winning every round by the stoppage.
The win allowed Golovkin to add the IBF belt with his WBA title and gave R.L. and I each two points...

Roman Gonzalez retained his WBC flyweight belt with a dominant ninth round stoppage over Brian Viloria.
I didn't see this one,but Gonzalez stopped a top three flyweight and looks to have two top notch fighters in his sights-WBA champ Juan Francisco Estrada or Japanese sensation Naoya Inoue,either of which would be good bouts.
R.L and I each earned two points for the Gonzalez win....

I also missed the unanimous decision win on the card by Tureano Johnson over Eamonn O'Kane.
Johnson's win gave me two points,but R.L.earned just one with his call of a Johnson split win...

The PBC card on Saturday afternoon from Fairfax Virginia was filled with controversy,
The co-feature saw undefeated Pritchard Colon against late replacement Terrel Williams.
Williams won via disqualification when Colon's corner thought the fight was over after the ninth.
I always thought ring card girls weren't needed,but the PBC doesn't use them and this happened,so maybe there is a need after all!
In a dirty fight that saw Colon lose points for low blows and Williams drop them for hitting behind the head,I had Williams far ahead after knocking Colon down in the ninth.
Immediately after the bout. Colon was rushed to the hospital with bleeding on the brain and is still in critical condition at this writing.
A big win for Williams over the touted prospect Colon that takes a sad turn with the ending.
No points for R.L. and I as both of us picked Colon.

R.L.added one point to my none as hometown fighter Lamont Peterson took a majority decision over former Olympian Felix Diaz.
Diaz has had a slow start (although undefeated entering the fight) to his career,but I thought Diaz had a chance to pull a huge upset and picked him,even though it seems no one else was.
The scores were 114-114 (I can see that) and 116-112 for Peterson (Bad) with a 117-111 for Peterson as well (pathetic),
I scored it 116-112 for Diaz,who looked strong in a losing effort....

No comments: