Friday, October 30, 2015

Devils top Flyers 4-1

Travis Zajac scored two goals (3 and 4,both on the Power Play) and Kyle Palmieri added a goal (3) with two assists as the New Jersey Devils rebounded from a loss to Columbus with a 4-1 win in Philadelphia over the Flyers.
Andy Greene ended the third period onslaught with an empty net (1) goal with a few seconds remaining.
Cory Schneider finished with 27 saves in notching the win in net.
The Devils will next play Saturday at 1;00 in a afternoon matinee against the Islanders.

Hell Raisers

1) Travis Zajac looks like a different player this season.
That's easy to say as his numbers have improved early this season,but maybe it's motivation for either being criticized for being overpaid by people like me or for the trade rumors that surrounded him in the off-season.
Whatever it is-I hope it stays around...

2) Kyle Palmieri's goal beat Steve Mason and used his speed for the one on one chance.
Palmieri was brought in to help revamp the Devils into a speedier team and thus far I've liked what I've seen.

3) Adam Larsson isn't exactly known for his physical play,but he must have had bad intentions in this game as he seemed to be very aggressive in smacking Flyers around in leading the Devils in hits...

4) Brian O'Neill missed his first NHL goal by inches as his tip off an Adam Larsson shot eluded Steve Mason,but tipped off the goal post and trickled away.
It's odd how these things bounce sometimes.

5) The Devils have won five of six and are four and one on the road.
To say I'm surprised is an understatement,but I'm not arguing,
I'm not convinced that this can hold up all season,but I'll take it while I can,,,,

No comments: