Sunday, December 22, 2013

Hitting the stores

I felt like doing something extra today and asked for some ideas on facebook.
My buddy Hank's fiance' Alicia was the only person that offered so here it is!

Alicia wanted to know what I think about shoppers in the season running around Wal-Mart and the local mall.
Here's my take-I can't stand it.
The best thing that ever happened was the internet for me and I do the majority of my shopping there.
Not sure if my wallet will allow it to continue with the internet sales tax on the horizon,but I save money and get to avoid the crowds.

Keep in mind that I am not a patient person to begin much of the time and listening to pushy people yakking on their cell phones (geez,I hate those things) annoy me on a good day,let alone on a bad one.
I know I can seem rude at times,but my general rule of thumb is,don't bother people unless they bother me first.
People tend to drive me nuts and it is often difficult for me to deal with others,especially when they are loud and often stupid.

I would love to patronize small businesses more locally,but their prices are higher (the cost of business) and I try to do that when I can,but as a health care worker,I don't make a ton of money and the bottom line comes into play.
The problem then becomes dealing with the others that congregate at the mall and the department stores.
It's often a different kind of person with the Wal-Mart attracting a louder,ruder bunch and the mall (which is a breed dying of cancer around the country) attracting a snottier crowd along with the teenage hangout group.
I hung out there years ago,so I know!

Long lines,obnoxious others and ease of shopping aren't the total reasons that I stay at home to shop.
It helps to get what I want and what others do.
When you live in an area where you dislike the local sports teams and lacks a bookstore of any repute since the closing of Borders,the options are just so much more vast from the PC than in the retail store.

Basically in the end,the hermit in me has won out.
Anytime that I can avoid people-I do so,except for most of you.
Thanks for reading.

No comments: