Thursday, February 13, 2014

Readers Questions

Have a few questions from you and a few from Twitter followers,so on a slow and snowy night,I'll try to answer some of them.

Where are these promised interviews?

Working on them.
I'm as disappointed as anyone that one has been so slow,but I do have some coming soon,I hope!

Now that the signing front is finished for 2013,what are the plans for 2014?

Looks like some day trips early on with the most notable one being Reading Pa for the Chase Utley bobblehead.
Other trips include Williamsburg VA for the LPGA event there,which Derreck and I are really excited about doing in May.
June looks like taking Rachel to Avon,Ohio for the Duck Tape Festival and hitting the Akron Rubber Ducks for the Joe Walsh bobblehead.
The Carolina/California All-Star game in Wilmington will also be a fun stop.
July should be the big one as Derreck and I invade the Midwest in Peoria,Illinois and Springfield,Missouri as well as an yet to be named ballpark on the way home.
Altoona's Eastern League All-Star game is another cool event that we will be doing this.
August looks like New York/Penn League stops as well as other towns to finish the season.
Money and time permitting,the two that I'd like to get in is Jamestown NY (Losing their team in 2015) and Richmond Va ( possible new park).
Looks like a good year!

What have you been working on with autographs over the off season?

I've still been doing some through the mail stuff,but I've also been working getting other people from news,weather,writers and actors on some things too.
I've gotten some neat 8 x10's and its been a lot of fun.
I may work on a similar project next off season too,but I have a month and a half to add more.
These can be found On the Signing Front.

Who are your favorite baseball writers?

Well,this was a good one.
I have always been a fan of Tim Kurkijan and meeting him last year was very cool.
I also enjoy the work of Buster Olney,Peter Gammons and Jayson Stark and I am a big fan of Tony Lastoria on the Indians Prospect site.
However,for insight on baseball from the Sabremetric or the traditional game,my favorite writer is ESPN"s Christina Kahrl.
Kahrl gives you information without being overbearing and is clearly my go to read for non-rumor columns on baseball...

Anything new interesting features on the blog soon?

I will be working on a "State of the Devils" during the Olympic break looking at the Devils good,bad and hopefully some thoughts on what the team needs to do to either contend for the playoffs or begin the rebuilding process.
I also have another post on who I would hire for particular spots,if I owned my own network.
This will likely be non-sports,but could be a sports network in a later post.
A return to the forgotten superstars universe is on its way as well as another space post.
Finally a look at the Browns before free agency in March.....

And the most asked question of all-What do you think the Browns moves and what's going on.

Tune it for more on that in March,I do have more to say than I have in finished posts!

Thanks and back tomorrow!



No comments: