Saturday, June 28, 2014

Devils finish first round with John Quenneville

The New Jersey Devils finished the first round of the NHL Draft with the pick given back to them from the Ilya Kovalchuk debacle in the 30th slot with the selection of John Quenneville.
Quenneville is a relative (second cousin) of Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville for those of you wondering.

Right off the bat,a full admission on Quenneville.
I don't know much about him.
When it comes to the NHL Draft,I don't know an eighth of what I know about the other three sports drafts.
If the Devils have a top ten pick,I can patch my way by because there is a fair amount of available information on the top 10-15 players or so.
Past that and to me,the names are just that-names and statistics.
Therefore,I'm not going to pretend that I like or dislike the pick other than that Ivan Barbashev was a slipping player available that was projected to go much higher and on the surface might have been worth a go.

Quenneville did score 25 goals last season for the Brandon Wheat Kings and being a forward is the position of need in the Devils system,so that was fine as far that goes.
For more on Quenneville,click here to go to
In Lou We Trust's report on him.....

No comments: