Sunday, June 22, 2014

Lomachenko! Boxing Challenge

In what was the true fight fans main event on the three fight Showtime card from Carson,California,Vasyl Lomachenko proved he was the real deal as he dominated the talented,but untested Gary Russell to win the minor WBO Featherweight belt.
The relentless body attack slowed Russell and the multi-faceted Lomachenko controlled the bout,which I had noted was the hardest fight for me to pick all season.
Lomachenko settled for a majority decision win as only judge Lisa Giampa appeared to think this bout was close as she scored it 114-114.
I scored Lomachenko a 117-111 winner.

In the advertised main event,Robert Guerrero overcame a battered eye to earn a unanimous decision win over Japan's equally courageous Yoshihiro Kamegai.
I get tired of seeing Guerrero sometimes,but this was a good action fight that exceeded my expectations.
I scored the bout with Guerrero a 116-112 winning score as I did the opener as Devon Alexander took a unanimous win over Jesus Soto-Karass.

The Boxing Challenge remained a three point difference at 48-45 as we agreed on most of the bouts.
Both Ramon Malpica and I earned two points for Devon Alexander's unanimous win and one point each for the wins of Vasyl Lomachenko and Robert Guerrero.

If I have time,I hope to finish up the story of my trip tomorrow.....

No comments: