Sunday, April 8, 2012

From the empire.....

Just a few quick notes after a long day yesterday....

No Devils or Pirates coverage today from either of their wins.
Busy day today and other than the first career goal for Stephen Gionta (good for him!),the Devils game was essentially meaningless.

As for the Pirates?
Well,they won,(Yay!) and for the second game in a row,I found out the result (Boo).
I really have to learn to avoid more things on line....

Enjoyed the Hagerstown Suns-West Virginia Power game with my usual tag team partner, Bill Cover (hey,Bill- we need to come up with a 80's style tag team name!) and my dad,who had me laughing all night with family stuff....
I'll have a signing front next week after the Suns and Keys each hit the road....

Enjoyed meeting Hockey Hall of Famer Rod Langway at the Keys game and working on the mixed bag that was the Salem Red Sox.
Did not see one pitch of the game though,as Rachel wanted to see the Devils against the Senators,so we left quickly and made it safely home for the game.

New Jersey will play Florida in round one of the NHL Playoffs,so I am somewhat happy.
I am leery of hoping to play certain teams in the playoffs,because you think they will be easier to defeat.
Just as often as not,that comes back to haunt you.
As previously noted,I wanted Florida rather than Washington in order to not have to listen to Craig Laughlin for the entire series.

Have to make a quick run to the Muni to finish up the Power and run home to watch the Masters,which ranks very high as my favorite sports event of the year-right there with the NFL Draft.
Phil Mickelson or Fred Couples would do quite nicely as the winner...

Thanks to those of you that enjoyed the Stetson Allie post from yesterday that took the time to write,link (Thanks,Luke) and talk to me about it at either Hagerstown or Frederick.
The Allie post ranked in the top five all time for one day hits and again my thanks to all of you.

Looking at the West Virginia roster,Stetson Allie is no longer listed,another player has his number,although he was at the Muni last night.
Allie has just been added to the SAL transactions page,he is headed back to Florida.....

That will do for a quick scattering from yesterday.
Enjoy the holiday!!!!



No comments: