Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Low expectations,Cavaliers cannot meet them

I had next to no expectations for the Cleveland Cavaliers in their home game against the powerful San Antonio Spurs Tuesday evening.
The Cavaliers were so underwhelming that they came nowhere near those low expectations in a 125-90 beatdown that was similar to the Chinese Water Torture as the Spurs did not do anything spectacular,they just did everything well on yet another night that one wonders about the effort put forth.
Antawn Jamison led Cleveland with 15 points,
Cleveland travels to Milwaukee tonight,but I am unsure on coverage due to the eight o'clock start time and work calls...

Swashbucklings

1) I had low expectations as the Spurs are playing so well currently,but the Cavaliers came out flat and Byron Scott has concerns as well.
Scott's quote says more that I could say “I worry more when me as a coach and my coaching staff want it more than my players. That’s when I start to worry,”'
I do not expect wins.
Actually,losses would be better for the future,but it is all about how those losses are playing themselves out and lack of effort is not what I am looking for.

2) Former Cavalier Danny Green,who the team cut last season,scored 19 points for the Spurs.
Green scored more than double his season average,so consider his opponents before giving too much credit,but Green looked to be the type of player that could have helped this team....

3) Kyrie Irving returned from his shoulder injury and scored 13 points on the evening.
As the game spiraled out of control,Irving sat for most of the final period...

4) Three players off the bench in double figures-Lester Hudson (12 points) and Semih Erden and Omri Casspi with 11 apiece,but consider that was in garbage time before getting too excited..

5) Season high in points allowed.
Second home loss in a row by 35 or more.
I know that I believe that more lottery opportunities are best for the long term,but the play could be better than this!
Other than the rookies and maybe Alonzo Gee,these remaining players (those that are healthy) are playing to be considered for future roster spots and showing this type of effort is not going to help those chances very much...

I will be at the road office tonight and I hope to start work on our Pirates and Indians previews tonight.
I then hope to move on to our prospects series over the next week as well...

Photo Credit:AP Photo

No comments: