Tuesday, November 27, 2012

On the Signing Front-More thank yous!

I try to catch up on the front with some more thank yous.
To my friends out there that have helped,if I missed thanking you or give someone else your credit-I apologize in advance.
I'll try to keep better track next year.

We start with thanks to:

Bob and Brenda Shafer,who took some stuff to West Virginia in their trip there.
The Powers early visit kept a lot of stuff from getting signed in Hagerstown,so they were very helpful.
The main hits were Robby Rowland on a Topps Debut,Rowland was not with the Power earlier and two cards for Jose Osuna and Nick Kingham on Bowman sets,,,,

Kendall Morris made a trip to Texas to see his sister and stopped by a Texas League game in Frisco.
Kendal helped with several cards,most prominently former Phillies and now Astros prospect slugger Jonathan Singleton.
Kendall also is a constant help to me in his travels...

Tom O'brien continued his help with the Eastern League and Indy ball.
Tom cleaned a few Altoona Curve cards that I missed with Tony Sanchez,Brock Holt and Brandon Cumpton leading the show.
Tom also got me a Jerry Martin signed when Erie was in town along with his usual array of Bowie BaySox players that I missed in Frederick.

Corey Cunningham was in Charlotte for a NASCAR race,stopped by the Charlotte Knights and nabbed me Phillies outfield prospect Domonic Brown for the collection.

Jason Christensen continued his help in Binghamton with two players that had eluded me for a while  in Brian Bocock and Jefry Marte as well as adding Josh Rodriguez and Greg Golson of extras that he had.

Bill Cover hit the Appy league and grabbed me several Cardinals,Royals and Rays players,the most notable being C.J. McElroy,Carson Kelly and Royals number one pick Bubba Starling.
These were all gifts from Bill as I didn't send him cards going down.

Tyler Chupak nailed me the big fish with Pirates top pick Gerrit Cole in Harrisburg among others!
More on Tyler later...

Jason Christensen returned with some more B-Mets,most notably Zach Wheeler,who was reported to not want to sign at all as the season went on.
Jason got all my Wheelers signed for me and they are appreciated,especially since most of them are in the Giants uniform...
Jason also made our annual swap of Hagerstown for Binghamton team sets as well
Other cool additions were Aaron Hicks of the Twins,Avasail Garcia of the Tigers and a great blue chrome card of Deck McGuire of the Blue Jays and another Gerrit Cole on a ball for the Pirates top pick collection!

Bill Cover was back as he did a Greensboro Grasshoppers team set for me when he was in Greensboro for his son diving meet.
Thanks again,Bill for your constant help!

Tyler Chupak did some cards for me in a trip to Lehigh Valley and got C.J.Nitkowski on a Japanese league card! Tyler says Nitkowski was friendly was asking questions about it.
Thanks to my buddy Brandon Siefken in Japan for bidding on the card and getting it to me so quickly in able for me to get it signed!

Tom O'Brien did our annual swap of Bowie for Hagerstown sets and helped me with a few Eastern League All Star stragglers most notably Jonathan Schoop of Bowie..

Craig Horvath did me a huge favor and traded me an Altoona set for a team of his choice (He selected Myrtle Beach).
Altoona was finished with Harrisburg early this season and without Craig,I would not have gotten the Curve done....

Bill Cover did the Akron Aeros team set for me while I was away taking Cherie for our 25th anniversary.
The Aeros had the usual suspects except for Ryan Rohlinger,who I had a bunch of Fresno cards for as well as his Akron card.

Jason Christensen finished up in Binghamton with a long held card in Francisco Pena,a few Richmond stragglers and Toronto top pick Marcus Stroman on his USA card....

Mike Oravec gives me doubles all year and he tossed my former Brewer infielder Tim Johnson,former Pirate outfielder Bill Virdon,former Indian outfielder Johnny Grubb among many others.
Mike also helped me with some Fresno Grizzlies and former Pirate SS Brandon Wood on a Topps Diamond card,which is Wood's only card in a Pirate uniform...

I want to thank three more people that help me throughout the year-Tyler Chupak,his dad Derreck and Brandon Diehl.
You guys help me so much on your trips to Frederick etc in picking up leftovers of mine and cool stuff as well-an example being Orioles top pick Kevin Gausman and phenom Dylan Bundy.
All three of you helped me with tons of stuff and I couldn't keep them straight on who got me what,so here is a blanket thank you for all that you did for me last season....

If I missed anyone that helped,again-my apologies.It is appreciated,I just didn't keep everything straight from everyone....

Two recent in the mail additions that were sent a long time ago came back with former Jets WR Al Toon and former Navy and Raider running Napoleon McCallum.
McCallum is the new record holder for longest return at 561 days,breaking the previous record of former pitcher Clyde Wright by eight days.

I'm not sure if I am going to do another signing front from the rest of my stuff.
Lots of things to put away,but if a story hits me as I do that,I might toss a post up.
I will be doing more minor league and autograph stuff though over the winter.
I had a few requests for more of that in our survey,so I want to do that.

One final thanks to all of my friends for all of your help in this crazy hobby.
I have things that I never would have gotten without you,so you all have my deepest thanks!!!

No comments: