Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cleaning out the Inbox

The inbox is so full that it might take two cleanings to catch up!

The Devils are home tonight against Calgary and Brent Sutter,so coverage here either late tonight or tomorrow.

The box is being worked from the bottom up,so if some of this stuff seems dated,my apologies....

I have been told by three different people that the Hagerstown Suns are installing a "Jumbotron" scoreboard at the Muni.
I haven't been by to check things out and I haven't seen any press releases confirming this,but if this is true-I like the idea.
Keep the manual scoreboard though as a companion piece and this can be nothing but an improvement.

MaxBoxing offered this three part series (1,2,3) on the state of boxing and its top network HBO by Thomas Hauser.
I recommend this highly and IF I have time,I might offer my opinions on the state of the game to be posted automatically while I am on vacation...

Jake Plummer now is passionate about handball after his NFL career.
I always liked Plummer and thought that in the right system,he could have been a excellent quarterback.
Plummer was certainly a risk taker,but that is what made him so fun to watch..

Battlin' Bob sends this article on caring for retired thoroughbreds from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Always nice to see a worthy cause earn some press....

The Battler's blog also features his thoughts on "Black Friday" and holiday sales.
A hilarious must read,but as always a language caution.

The Cincinnati Enquirer has a article that looks at the son of the late Brian Pillman as a high school football player.
Pillman spent time with the Bengals and the CFL's Calgary Stampeders before a long career in pro wrestling.

Hard to believe,but that only cleans out half the inbox,so hopefully we can finish the cleaning tonight or tomorrow....

No comments: