The Seattle Seahawks had a chance to cement a playoff run with a win over the Raiders in Oakland.Instead the Raiders smashed the Hawks with a huge second half and rolled to a 33-3 win that dropped the Seahawks to 4-3 on the season.
Seattle hosts the New York Giants on Sunday.
1) Crazy bounces contributed to the loss as Oakland had huge plays on both offense and defense off tipped balls,but the bottom line was that Oakland was more physical and dominated the line scrimmage.
That made more of a difference than any of the tips and bad breaks.
2) Two stats that make you see that it isn't your day.
Jason Campbell 300+ yards passing,Darius Heyward-Bey 100+ yards receiving.
3) Seattle didn't have a first down until three minutes to go in the first half.
That shows the dominance of the Raiders defense.
4) With Russell Okung out of the lineup,the offensive line isn't half as strong as the Raiders sacked Matt Hasselbeck eight times.
Hasselbeck was bad enough already completing just thirteen passes,the offensive line didn't need to have him destroyed as well.
5) Pivotal point of the game-With Oakland leading 3-0 in the second-Lawyer Milloy was waiting to grab an interception to end a Raider drive, David Hawthorne leaps in and knocks Milloy.That allowed Marcel Reece to grab the ball and run for a 30-yard touchdown.
6) News today on Matt Hasselbeck missing the Giants game Sunday,so Charlie Whitehurst gets his chance to shine.
This was a needed move to begin with and the injury to Hasselbeck allowed Whitehurst his opportunity.