107-90 win over the Detroit Pistons at the Q in Cleveland.
LeBron James,Kyrie Irving and J.R.Smith all finished with over twenty points in the victory.
Cleveland leads the series 2-0 and travel to Detroit Friday for game three...
1) Cleveland hit 20 (Twenty!) three pointers to tie a playoff record.
J.R.Smith nailed seven of those to lead the Cavaliers,who shot 52 percent from long range.
You obviously cannot count on production like that every night,but even half that might go a long long way towards winning this thing...
2) LeBron James looked grimly determined in this one and showed why (in my opinion) he is still the best basketball player in the world.
The all around performance is why I rate him as number one as Stephen Curry may be an better offensive players and certainly a superior shooter,but I'll take LBJ as better rounded.
3) The Cavaliers did have issues at the five as Tristan Thompson got into foul problems early and Thompson and Timofey Mozgov combined for zero points in 22 minutes of play.
I don't expect the centers on this team to dominate offensively,but they'll have to do more than that eventually...
4) The centers (including Kevin Love playing there some) struggled against Andre Drummond on the defensive end as Drummond scored 20 points on eight of thirteen shooting.
Thank goodness that Drummond is legendarily awful from the free throw line and continued such in this game with a four for sixteen effort from the stripe...
5) Cleveland's defense might have struggled against Drummond,but they did improve against the three pointer as they held the Pistons to just four three pointers for a 23 percent evening.
Detroit is going to have to post numbers over fifty percent like they did in game one such as they did in game one to have a chance of stealing one of these games..