Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Browns draft grades


I know most are giving the Cleveland Browns high marks for this draft,but I will put myself out on the limb and say I just do not see this draft as a excellent one.
I loved the pick of Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas,I am a big believer in Thomas,mainly because I have seen him play so much.
Honestly,I see more Wisconsin games than any other team with the exception of Ohio State.
I wish I was as pleased with the selection of Brady Quinn.
I do believe that Quinn was somewhat of a bargain at 22 in round 1,but I hate trading a number 1 for him.
I believe that pick will be at least top 10,if not top 5 and if that is the result,the Browns have made a serious error and will be looking for likely a new coach and new general manager.
Trading 3rd and 4th round picks for UNLV corner Eric Wright looks like a mistake to me also.
Wright comes with off the field baggage with past legal trouble and the other thing is that Wright has had trouble staying on the field when he has been healthy.
His father was a fine corner,Eric Wright Sr with the 49ers and I can see the ability,but to me,just too many questions to pay the price the Browns paid.
Brandon Mcdonald could be ok as a nickel type and fill-in punt returner and I like 6th rounder Chase Pittman of LSU to stick as a backup lineman.

This draft completely rides on the play of Brady Quinn and Eric Wright.
The production of those two players determines this draft.
I give the Browns an A+ for effort and courage,but I give them a B- because I simply do not believe in Quinn and Wright,as much as the Cleveland Browns do.

Photo Credit
AP Photo-Morry Gash

No comments: