Friday, May 25, 2007

Tribe whips Royals and I remember why I lost interest in the NBA

In a game that was close yet not compelling,the Cleveland Cavaliers lost their second in a row to the Detroit Pistons and fell behind 2-0 in the series.
Just a slow and dull basketball game.
The referees did "let them play",but just was not fun to watch,I will keep an eye on this series,but man, I am not sure I can watch another whole game of this.

The Indians helped the City of Cleveland avoid a sweep for the day by pounding Kansas City 10-3.
The often-torched Jeremy Sowers pitched 7 strong innings for his 1st win of the season.
Sowers allowed just one run off of 6 hits and likely saved himself another 5 days of rumors on his poor performances and status in the rotation.
I hope Sowers can build off this effort.
The Indians had two solid shots to pretty much secure the game,as Jason Michaels hit a three run homer in the 1st inning(his 2nd ) and Casey Blake unloaded the bases in the 5th with a 3 run triple.
That ball must have smoked and then rattled around a Kansas City BQ pit for Blake to get a triple-LOL!


Bullpen Notes

Tonight pitchers;
Pittsburgh-Maholm 2-6 at Cincinnati-Harang 5-2--This one does not look good
Cleveland-Byrd 4-1 at Detroit-Robertson 4-3.

I will be going to Municipal Stadium for tonight's Hagerstown Suns-Delmarva Shorebirds game.
This game will be my 1st look at the Orioles number 1 prospect Billy Rowell.
Rowell has missed the entire season before being activated Wednesday.
I have 8 different cards to try to get Rowell to sign,check here "on the signing front' to see how I did.

In news that is important to one reader-"The next big thing" Anthony Davis will be a member of the CFL's Hamilton Tiger-Cats this season.
Davis was a touted (by one person) running back at Wisconsin.
If Davis has success,you will know about it,as we will be covering the Hamilton Tiger-Cats here this season.

Former Hawaii record-setting Quarterback Timmy Chang is also a member of the Tabbies as well.

Two new games came in today-
The 1977 Orange Bowl between Ohio State and Colorado,along with the 2002 Buckeyes vs Cincinnati game.
I had this game,but some stuff I have not been able to find since the move.
Now I can work on moving the entire 2002 "Championship Run" on DVD.
Thanks to Craig Yaple for the trade.

I will be back either later or tomorrow with Billy Rowell scouting,Pirates,Indians and more.

Photo Credit
Sowers-AP Photo-Dick Whipple

No comments: