Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Random Ramblings


Here is a few quick items for today's Random Ramblings.

The St.Louis Cardinals have announced after the Alcohol-related death of Josh Hancock that beer will no longer be allowed in the clubhouse for home games.
They will still allow it on the road,since much of their travel is bus or plane.
Only one team in MLB has a policy against alcohol in the locker room for the away and home games.
That team?
The Oakland A's.
Billy Beane-ahead of the curve-AGAIN!

Nice article on former Buckeye linebacker Andy Katzenmoyer.
The "Big Kat" (the Real Big Cat is Ernie Ladd) now is an assistant coach at a Columbus high school.
Two things in the article that I found interesting.
One is that he declines all interviews,but does allow family and friends to speak for him.
Doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose of declining the interview,if the inquiring person finds out anyway?
The other is that even though he was on the team when the Patriots won their 1st Super Bowl,he declined the ring because he did not play that season.
Most would have grabbed the ring.
Andy was an excellent player for the Buckeyes,but I always kinda got the feeling that he was not as passionate about the game as others.

Boomer Wells agrees with my opinion that Roger Clemens and his antics disrespects the game.
Thanks to Battling Bob for the link.

Does ESPN ever admit they make errors in judgement?
After giving the flop that was Cold Pizza,far too much time before letting it die,they have come up with this brilliant idea.
Let's take the same crew that most people disliked and did not watch on Cold Pizza ,add another obnoxious ESPN Flop in Stephen A.Smith,rename the show as First Take and now it will work and be a hit!.
How dumb can you be?
I must admit I did occasionally watch Cold Pizza more in its early days than now,but with the addition of SAS,forget it.
Why am I so hard on ESPN?
I recall when they gave Gasbag SAS,his failure of a show,some ESPN bigwig said this
"You may love SAS,you may hate SAS,but you watch SAS".
As soon as I read that,I was not even giving his show a chance and I can proudly say I never watched 1 second of that disaster.
Cut the dead weight ESPN and move on.

It just crossed the wire that Former Jr.Lightweight and Lightweight Champion Diego Corrales has died in a motorcycle accident.
I will be back later with a post on Corrales,his career and my thoughts on him.

Photo Credit-Columbus Dispatch

No comments: