Thursday, May 3, 2007

Random Ramblings......

To start today's version of Random Ramblings, I would like to point out that I will likely be adding to the post on the Hagerstown Suns sometime over the next week and will be re-posting it in the May posts as well.
It will be the same title and the previous post will be there, but I have some other ideas to add and wanted them to be all in one format.
Just a heads up that there will be new material added.

Finally, there is an audiotape that proves(supposedly) that there was a verbal order for the National Guardsmen to fire on unarmed students at Kent State in May 1970.
Alan Canfora, a wounded student during the massacre, claims an audiotape was found at Yale that proves the verbal order was given, although no proof of the identity of the officer was given.
Hopefully, this can be the first step to finding the truth out about this tragedy.

The Washington Nationals traded Chris Snelling to the Oakland Athletics last night for
Ryan Langerhans.
The A's just acquired Langerhans from Atlanta last week.
I am pleased with this deal for Oakland, as I have always been a proponent of Chris Snelling.
To me, the big question with Snelling is not his ability, it is his ability to stay healthy.

Speaking of the Nationals, Ken Rosenthal at FoxSports has an excellent series on the chaos going on in the Washington front office.
Cannot say this shocks me, as I have never thought much of the abilities of Jim Bowden and thought he was in the same class of cluelessness as Captain Dave Littlefield.

More Nationals related news.
I ordered a new scorebook to allow me to keep even more detailed stats and I decided to give Bob Carpenter's scorebook a try.
I was shocked to wind up talking to Mr.Carpenter for a few minutes on his cell, as he prepared to do the Nationals game in San Diego.
I really enjoyed the talk and look forward to getting the scorebook.
I have also added a link to Bob's page for the book and this link is another article on how Carpenter created the book and the makings of marketing it.
It is a bit pricey, but it looks to have everything one could want in a scorebook.

I know I have complained about this before, but the Pirates red jersey is just horrible.
An absolute embarrassment.
Shoot this turkey-Please!

Is it just me or is the American League East becoming a division to despise?
I have always hated the Yankees and Orioles and never liked Tampa for various reasons.
But now with my stance on the Blue Jays for screwing Pulaski VA and the Red Sox seemingly becoming Yankee's lite, I have a hard time even watching this division.

Still hot about the Blue Jays for needlessly taking baseball away from a small town.
I will root against Toronto until Pulaski gets its Appalachian league team back.
Here is a link announcing no baseball in Pulaski.
The photo is of Calfee Park in Pulaski, the park which will not have pro baseball this summer thanks to J.P Riccardi and the Toronto Blue Jays.

If you enjoy looking at different minor league parks, the Calfee Park pic is from Ballparkreviews.com.
Great site, if this is your cup of java.

Back later tonight with the Hagerstown Suns vs West Virginia Power wrap-up.

Photo Credits
Bob Carpenter-unknown
Calfee Park-Brian Merzbach
Kent State Memorial-Associated Press

No comments: