Friday, December 30, 2011

A tip of the hat to other peoples work

Just wanted to make an end of the year acknowledgement to some of the links that you see on the links list.
Some of these,I hit multiple times a week,others less frequently due to their time issues,but all of these are fun reads and often are reference tools or things that make me think about things we cover...

Thanks to all of these for their hard work.

Reference
Cot's Baseball Contracts-Quick reference spot to check out current baseball contracts
Cap Geek NHL- Another easy click for Devils contract info and how the Devs stand with the salary cap at any given time..
Fill in the blank reference.com-this site gets me the numbers that I need for just about any baseball (majors or minors) ,football,basketball or hockey player that I need....

Team Reads
Bucs Dugout-Charlie Wilmoth has some of the best posters around including our friend Wilbur Miller.
I do not post there often,but I read their work a lot...

In Lou We Trust-John Fischer runs a tight ship at ILWT and it is the first place that I look at for thoughts on the Devils to either jog my memory on a point or even a point that I might have missed..

Fire and Ice-Devils beat writer Tom Gulitti is the in locker room source for all news Devils.
I also check them out daily in season...

Indians Prospect Insider-When I have an Indians question,I usually check out Tony Lastoria's opinion on the Tribe..
Tony is the most knowledgeable person on the Wahoos minor league system and his work is stellar.

Nationals Prospects-My good friend "Sue Dinem" does great work with his blog and often gives us mentions over there.
I occasionally write for Sue,but putting that aside, it is still the best site for following the former Suns as they move through the Washington system..


Fun reads

Grumblings and Rumblings-My good pal Battlin' Bob does not update as much as he used to,but when he does it is always worth the read.
It is rare that the Battler' does not turn a bad mood into a good one with his unique brand of humor!!

Exploring Food My Way- I have never met Tom Noe,although we have swapped emails a few times,but his look at the Northeast Ohio dining scene always makes me pine for home.
Tom eats at some places that I could not afford or places that are far too fancy for my palate,but he covers all his travels from fine dining to fast food.
I always enjoy reading Tom's work...

Kentucky Fried Wrasslin'
Scott Bowden is battling carpal tunnel,so his updates have become sporadic,but his look back at wrasslin's past (Mostly in the South) is always great stuff and makes me laugh out loud.
Scott also gets points for mentioning Rachel in his blog on Wrestlemania in 2010,so he is a good guy in my book!!


All of these are located in our links page,so sample some or all of these sites and see what they have to offer as well.
Thanks to all of these and to you for reading us throughout the year as well....

No comments: