Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Jennifer Pagliei Interview-Part four

We conclude our interview with Jennifer Pagliei.
Thanks to Jennifer for taking the time and we hope to have her back for a podcast at a future date...

TRS: Did you have any interaction with the WHAG weathercasters? If so,was that professional or tension?

JP:I do not think I was here long enough to really be able to reach out. I know many people are friends with one another at HMTV6 as well as WHAG, because being in a small market, there really is no competition. Everyone here is here to learn and grow together.

TRS:How do you see Herald Mail,now that you are leaving?
Is it a viable growth network locally or is it intended to be a bare bones,development channel that will see the talent rotate in and out constantly?

JP:Hard for me to really answer that within the small time I was there but they are a brand new station, which has only been on air for two years. Starting from scratch is hard work and dedication, which they have. It costs a lot of money up front and of course a lot of patience. I think over time they will become a greater station they are now, but starting out is always the hardest part. I wish the best of luck!

TRS:I tweeted the 1st day that I saw you that you wouldn't be in this market long.Three months later,you are moving up.
Where are you going (Town,channel,network affiliate) and how did the move occur?

JP:You can predict the future just like a meteorologist! I have accepted a position as a weekend meteorologist in Springfield, Massachusetts at WWLP News22.

TRS:Other than the obvious (career improvement) what were any other reasons for leaving Herald-Mail?

JP:To be honest, that is it. I am really focused on my career and whatever is going to make me a better forecaster and public broadcaster.

TRS:What are your best memories from your Hagerstown stay and is there anything that you would change?

JP:Change, absolutely not. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and this was my first stepping stone and again would not trade it in for anything. I met amazing people here that I know I will keep in touch with, with years to come. I volunteered at many events
in the community and also had the opportunity to talk about weather on my Saturdays at a local science museum, Discovery Station. I think this was a great experience and best of all I got to stay in the Northeast (the weather I am used to) and close to my family and friends.

Thanks again to Jennifer and we wish her the best for a successful future.....

No comments: