Monday, April 6, 2015

Opening Day

Opening Day.
The winter is over and the bloom of better weather is here.
Don't worry,there will be cold ballpark nights ahead,but better things will come.

I've already done a preview for the Pirates and Indians on the podcast-found here and I may write about a day filled with baseball as I could watch all 3 teams as the game line up perfectly=Pirates 4ish,Indians around 7 and Giants around 10 with the Wisconsin-Duke game tossed in for good measure.

For a winter hater,this is almost like the clean slate that we all love.
DVD's go away in favor watching ballgames,staying inside is replaced by me going to games and trying to get a little extra exercise by walking around the ballpark.

I love football,boxing,hockey and I still have my good days with basketball as the playoffs near,but baseball is the game of conversation both live and at home.
You can talk the game,general things or talk your troubles and not miss much,
I worry about baseball losing some of that in their attempt to speed the game up.
Pitch clocks and batters having to keep their foot in the box are fixes that don't need to be fixed.
If they really wanted to speed things up,they would address the two biggest problems-unnecessary multiple throws to first base and long interminable mound visits followed by pitching changes are the two biggest things that drag games out.

But for now,lets be positive-All three teams of mine seem to be competitive and minor league baseball has just another few days before I can waddle around the ballpark.
Good times are on the way and it's all because of the seamed white ball.....

No comments: