Thursday, April 2, 2015

Julie Kendall in Atlanta!

Over the last cold season,I've become friends with actress Julie Kendall.
Julie's positive attitude and friendship have been a terrific part of a less than great winter.
Julie will be doing the podcast soon and I have lots of questions for her about the Atlanta Film Festival,which she covered for us at TRS.
Julie took a few pictures,reviewed a film for us and saw actor James Franco,which she seemed to be quite excited about.
I know who Franco is,but I do know the thrill of meeting someone that you are a fan of,so I was very happy for Julie to meet people of interest,network a bit,which hopefully helps her career and make her happy with anything that I could help with,
Julie has written some words for us,so they are as follows.
Thanks to her for her work and look for her to appear on the podcast soon!


"

Here I am again, in front of James Franco (Picture Below)... Feeling so inspired by this man who stops at nothing to be the best he can be both personally & professionally. He is a perfect reminder that we can do anything we desire; that we have unlimited potential and possibilities; that there are no boundaries.
I'm so moved by his presence, not necessarily because he's a star and a master creator of magnificent projects, ideas and teachings, but because he stimulates my desire to get out of my own way; to push myself to evolve and create the fullest life I can ever imagine.
His courage, his tenacity, his passion....fuels my desire to embrace who I am and maximize my potential.
I hope one day soon, I am able to pass that type of love and inspiration along as he does, to the people around me. That is my real dream and my strongest desire.
But for now , I'm just counting my blessings for experiences like this one I've had, and for all of the other wonderful people i continue to connect with, on this wonderful journey I am on.

Also I saw a film last night too, which I got to do a red carpet interview on... had a few stars in it.



"The Sisterhood Of Night"

www.thesisterhoodofnight-movie.com

Not only did I get to watch this really original/interesting, very well made film, I got a chance to talk to a few of the actors - Georgie Henley(Chronicles Of Narnia), Kara Hayward(Moonrise Kingdom), Willa Cuthrell(Dan in Real Life)... & the Director, Caryn Waechter, just before it premiered, on the Red Carpet. What a treat that was.

Seeing the chemistry between this beautiful cast, was amazing in of itself. Everyone was so delighted & proud to be there at the premiere, and they were all beaming with a joy that I recognized so well, being an actor myself. I could feel the passion, and the excitement running through their veins, as questions were fired at them, and the row of photographers snapped pictures.
I asked each of them who their biggest inspiration has been in their lives, and interestingly enough, they all said it was their Mother. That their Mother was the one that encouraged them to push themselves them most to live their dream, and to be the best they could be in life. I loved hearing that. Made me smile inside, thinking about how much my Mother believed in me more than anyone, ever had.
And then onto the premiere, which was just delightful to watch. The acting was wonderful. Everyone was so real, and honest in their performances. being an actor myself, I am very critical of others work, but this group inspired me, and made me really proud, and excited to watch. I can see why the casting department selected each of them, as they fulfilled their obligation to each of the characters beautifully.
Then there was the shots.... I loved the transitions, the effects, the editing... I was really impressed with the Directors work, and I hope one day I can work for Caryn, as I saw her passion and her vision very clearly. It was delivered beautifully, in my opinion.
All in all, I was really satisfied when the film came to a close. I was grateful for having been there to experience such greatness, in a business that is so challenging to get the recognition we sometimes deserve.

No comments: