Monday, April 27, 2015

Klitschko retains title,Jack upsets Dirrell,Boxing Challenge

R.L.Malpica scored six points to my five last weekend and took a 43-42 lead in the boxing challenge.

The difference was Wladimir Klitschko's decision win over Bryant Jennings to retain his WBA and IBF Heavyweight titles.
R,L's prediction of a decision gave him the extra point as I predicted Klitschko by knockout.
I missed this fight as well as Sadam Ali's unanimous decision over Francisco Santana as it was HBO that televised it and with my injury,I couldn't watch it at work.

I did see the PBC on Spike card and saw Badou Jack upset Anthony Dirrell via a close unanimous decision to win Dirrell's WBC Super Middleweight title.
Each of us predicted Dirrell to win,but my scorecard saw Jack a 115-113 victor.
The other bout saw us each earn two points for Daniel Jacobs and his 12th round stoppage of overmatched Caleb Truax for a minor middleweight title.
The bout was the latest of mismatches involving Jacobs since his return from cancer.
It's a nice story,but Jacobs needs to fight some decent competition in the future,if he is to be taken seriously in the 160 pound division.

Next week will see the long awaited Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao bout and its supporting fights in the boxing challenge.....

No comments: