Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pirates shadow draft

Here is my Shadow draft for the Pirates.
I will be drafting as I would,not as the Pirates would.
That is because my idea of running an organization and theirs differ on many levels.
I also took a few risks on guys that are worth going over slot value to pay,but if they would not sign,I would at least add compensation picks for next year.
I will keep track of these 10 players and if players do not actually sign with the real team that drafted them,I will give myself Comp.picks in next years Bucs shadow draft.
I will do the 1st ten Pirate picks.
Save the list,we will compare it in a year or two to the actual draft

1st Round(4th overall)
Matt Wieters C Georgia Tech
2nd Round (68)
Greg Desme OF Cal Poly
3rd Round (98)
Nefti Soto SS Puerto Rico
4th Round (128)
Will Middlebrooks 3b-p Texas High School
5th Round(158)
Bradley Meyers p Loyola Marymount
6th Round(188)
Casey Crosby P Illinois High School
7th Round(218)
Allen St.Clair P Rice
8th Round(248)
Christian Colon ss California High School
9th Round(278)
Julian Sampson P Washington High School
10th Round(308)
Kevin Patterson 1b-c Alabama High School

Bullpen Notes

Hagerstown Suns and Lakewood Blue Claws rained out.
Doubleheader tomorrow night at 6;05

On the Signing front
Very little,just two cards-1 from new Sun bullpen member Dan Pfau and the other from Lakewood SS Zack Penprase,
The Big Score was a bat from the Phillies 2b prospect Adrian Cardenas!
Hope to get him to sign it tomorrow and then I will get a picture and post it here.

Back later with Pirates and Indians wrap-ups!

Photo Credits
Matt Wieters-Georgia Tech Sports information

No comments: