Sunday, June 10, 2007

Random Ramblings

The Cleveland Cavaliers attempt to bounce back from a Game 1 loss tonight in San Antonio vs the Spurs.
The Cavaliers really need someone other than LeBron James to step up or this series will be over quickly.

Seems like a lot of Cavaliers/Ohio stuff on the mind.
I wish my XM radio had the NBA right now(Sirius has the NBA deal),Joe Tait is the best basketball radio announcer around.
I would love to be listening to Joe do this series.

I always wanted to see the old Richfield Coliseum,but I never did.
I used to bug my dad ,unsuccessfully, to see a Cavalier game there,but to be fair to him-the Cavaliers season was usually over when we made our visits.

Anytime I think of that building, I think of the Cavs 2nd theme song.
Tonight's the night by the Michael Stanley Band.
I know they were a NE Ohio thing,but I always liked them.
Or maybe that's why I did!
Whatever happened to Michael Stanley anyway?

Battlin Bob sends us this link from the Pittsburgh Tribune,as the lesser paper in town whacks away at Bob Nutting and the Pirates!

Speaking of "Nickels" Nutting-I was able to obtain through my connections a Group photo of the Pirates braintrust.
Or should I say no-braintrust.

Pitching Matchups
Pittsburgh B.P.Chacon 2-0 at Evil Empire Tyler Clippard 3-1.

Cleveland-C.C. Sabathia 9-1 at Cincinnati-Aaron Harang 6-2.

I will try to be back later,if I can.

Photo Credits
Ant Hill Mob-Hanna Barbara
Coliseum-Janet Century/Heinz Hess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael stanley is a disc jockey in Cleveland on 98.5. I think he has the afternoon shift. He still does like a Nwe Years Eve concert too.

Anonymous said...

Uhhh, EVERY NBA playoff game is on XM. SIRIUS does not have an exclusive deal for NBA games on satellite radio.

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/features/nba-on-espn.xmc

Shawn said...

Yes,it is,but it is the ESPN feed,
Sirius has the NBA deal for the local
broadcasts.
XM has Mike Tirico and Hubie Brown which is ok,but I would much rather listen to Joe Tait

Ryan H. said...

+1 for the Anthill Mob picture.
Forget basketball, when is the IFL Preview feature due out? :)