Friday, July 18, 2014

46 arrives!

A few days late on this,but 46 arrived right on schedule on July 15 as expected.

Time defeats all things,but I have to be honest-it doesn't bother me all that much.
Being way overweight bugs me far more than getting older mainly because usually I don't feel old.

Don't get me wrong-I have had my days over the last year and I'm sure more of them are coming as I,well,age.
I don't feel old,but pulling a calf muscle running through a nasty thunderstorm in the Muni parking lot made me reconsider that stance and on a steamy Wilmington day for the Carolina League All-Star game made me feel like the picture in the attic of Dorian Gray as I wilted on concrete.
However,at the same time,I haven't had to invest in Just For Men quite yet!
That coach is arriving at the mound shortly for that soon,but that doesn't bother me much either.
I'm not a cosmetic person and that's a good thing at my size!
I would certainly like to weigh less,but more for long term health than anything visual.
After all,I have a lovely wife that says she wants me to live a long long life with her.
I even had a lady at work that was just hired tell me she thought I was close to her age (27) and no older than early 30's.
I think she was being nice because I don't see that.but sometimes being silly and immature must help you look younger!

I'm now officially closer to 50 than 40 and I feel pretty good about it.
I do need to try changing some physical things for long term maintenance and I've said that a lot through the years,but part of aging means more preventive care.
I suppose its like taking care of a car in that way,take care of it before hand and you just might get more use of the vehicle.
I need to do a better job of that,but mentally I feel great.
I'm not hung up on any of that age stuff and it's kinda cool in a way.
Recently,I was sitting around somewhere and heard a young lady say "wow,I love 80's music,it must have been so great living in those times".
It might be fun telling another two generations of people,my memories and thoughts of the past.
That's kinda what I do here,but it also means that I stuck around for a while and had even more experiences.
Not bad.
Not bad at all.

Time for me to take a quick walk.
After all as the cliche' goes-the longest journey starts with the first step.
Even if the finish line is just as far away as the starting block.....

No comments: