Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cavaliers sign Mike Miller and James Jones

Before I get started,I'd like thank everyone for the birthday wishes and thoughts.
I plan on a 46th birthday post soon as I catch up on things.
Of late,it seems like when I am off work at this time of year that I struggle to find time in keeping this up and for that I apologize.

Well traveled sharpshooter and friend of LeBron Mike Miller will bring his outside shooting abilities to Cleveland after spending last season with the Memphis Grizzlies.
Miller's departure from Miami before last season was reported to be one of the reasons that LeBron James was upset with the Heat as the Heat allowed Miller to leave in order to not pay the luxury tax for exceeding the salary limit.
The two year contract will pay Miller five and a half million and brings one of the best pure shooters in the game to Cleveland.
Miller is 34 years old,but if you spot his minutes correctly,Miller's shooting and underrated defense
is going to be a valuable role player in the Cleveland rotation...

The less publicized signed for the Cavaliers is a one year contract signed by James Jones for the minimum salary allowed by the league.
The 33 year old swingman brings another skilled outside shooter to the team,but has not completed a full season in the past three seasons as he played no more than 51 games in any of the three campaigns.
A healthy Jones gives Cleveland another three point capable weapon off the bench at a bargain rate,but I'm not getting too excited because I'm not convinced that he will stay healthy enough.
However.at the minimum rate,I'm fine with taking the risk..

Back later with more....

No comments: