Sunday, November 30, 2014

Boxing Challenge Results

The Boxing Challenge with R.L. Malpica continued with five bouts and at the end,I pulled into a tie with R.L at 75 points after earning seven points to his six on the weekend.

We both earned two points for Ruslan Provodnikov's KO of Jose Luis Castillo and two more for Terrence Crawford's unanimous win over Ray Beltran.
I thought Crawford won comfortably 119-109 on my card.

Neither of us would earn points for Evgeny Gradovich's IBF Featherweight title retaining draw against Jayson Velez.
I was surprised by the draw as I had Gradovich winning 116-112.

The difference in points came from two bouts from London.
R.L. earned two points for Tyson Fury's stoppage of Derrek Chisora after the corner ended it after round 10,I would only get one for Fury's win having picked him by unanimous decision.
I would tie the season though with a Billy Joe Saunders split decision win over Chris Eubank Jr.
Saunders gave me two points while R.L. picked Eubank and got zero.
My card had Saunders ahead 115-113.

With just a month to go,it will be a race to the wire.
I have Buckeyes and Browns recaps to do,so I hope to get those done sometime tonight or tomorrow!

No comments: