Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cleaning out the inbox-Non-Sports Version


We start with the non-sports version of the inbox with the Huffington Post's "Secret Menu" from McDonalds.
The pictured burger is the "Land,Air and Sea Burger",which takes a burger,a fish filet and a chicken patty.
Some of these are pretty simple,others more elaborate with some able to be ordered and others needing to be assembled at home.
The mess may be sloppier than having them made at the store,but some of them might be worth a try someday-even though I don't eat at McDonalds often...

NPR offers a very interesting article on the history of Wonder Woman and the background of the creator of the character.
It's much more interesting than you would suspect with some ideas that when you look back aren't exactly in vogue with the 1940's....
I'd write more,but it might take away the fun of reading...

I am almost always disappointed with superhero movies,but I was excited for the filming of Suicide Squad,which is based on my favorite comic ever.
Emphasis on was until I heard that Will Smith was going to be involved as Captain Boomerang.
Captain Boomerang is an Australian character.
Will Smith isn't.
Will Smith has ruined a movie based on one of my all time favorite TV shows-Wild Wild West,a film on one of my favorite fighters as a kid-Ali and now Suicide Squad.
Oh,well,at least he isn't Deadshot.

The only sports note is also a art note as the floor to the old "Mecca" arena in Milwaukee.
The floor always had an unique look,but I didn't know it was actually designed by an artist named Robert Indiana.
The article discusses how it was found and where it is now...

Finally a goodbye to Marcia Strassman,who died at the age of 66.
Strassman was famous to two generations-to mine as the wife of Gabe Kaplan in Welcome Back Kotter and then to the next generation as the mom in the Honey,I shrunk the kids series of films.
Strassman also was a semi-regular in the first two years of MASH....

No comments: