Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pacquiao dominates Algeri and Boxing Challenge!

Manny Pacquiao dropped the undeserving (Yeah,I'm still mad he robbed Ruslan Provodnikov!) Chris Algeri six times and cruised to a unanimous decision to retain his welterweight title without a lost round.

I didn't watch any the PPV fights since I was at the road office,so my opinions aren't added to the results of the boxing challenge.
The challenge got even tighter as I gained one point on R.L.Malpica on the evening.

Each of us earned one point for the Pacquiao victory as both of us had seen a Pacquiao stoppage.
We each earned two points for Jessie Vargas's unanimous win over Antonio DeMarco and two more for Zou Shiming's win over Kwanpichit Onesongchaigym.
R.L earned two points for Vasyl Lomachenko's unanimous win over Chonlatarn Piryaipinyo,while I picked one for the win as I thought Lomachenko would win by KO.

The difference maker? Tony Bellew's split decision win over Nathan Cleverly in England.
I had picked Bellew by a split nod and R.L. took Cleverly by a split win.

That gives me eight points on the day and R.L. added seven points to close the gap for the season,which is just a month away from ending.
R.L.holds a slight 69-68 margin with plenty of boxing coming up in December!

I still have the Ohio State recap to do and if I have time I'll get that finished.
If not,look for a double barreled post tomorrow on Buckeyes and Browns.

No comments: