Monday, February 22, 2010

Arnesen and Krebs on hitting

I followed up our recent interviews with Erik Arnesen of the Nationals and Eric Krebs of the Dodgers with a few questions on pitchers hitting.
Now that both have reached AA baseball,where players from National League teams have to hit,I wanted to get their thoughts on swinging the lumber.....

TRS: Now that you are in AA baseball and playing for a team in the National League system,you now have to bat.
Do you like or dislike batting?

Erik Arnesen:Most of the time I enjoy batting; there's not too much pressure as long as I get the bunt down, and any hits are a fun bonus.

Eric Krebs: I used to love hitting back in the high school days. It has been a while since I've seen live pitching. being a reliever the chances of me actually getting a at-bat is very slim but I'm always ready to lay down a bunt or swing away.


TRS:Do you prefer the pitcher batting or do you like the DH rule?

Arnesen:I'm not sure which I enjoy more; I like getting to hit occasionally, but I also like having a DH from time to time.

Krebs:Of course the pitcher because there aren't that many pitchers that are a threat and most of the time they are laying a bunt down ,which is a free out.

TRS:Does facing the pitcher (or him facing you) make things a little less aggressive in the game or does it make little difference??

Arnesen:It doesn't make it less aggressive, especially if there are runners on base because he'll probably bunt, which definitely keeps you on your toes.

Krebs: Yea there is a little competition trying to get your counterpart out and show him what kind of stuff you have on the mound. It's a little competition if you ask me

No comments: