Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eric Krebs Interview-Part 1


Today,we start our five part interview with Dodger prospect Eric Krebs.
Eric was traded from the Pirates to the Los Angeles Dodgers last spring for Delwyn Young.
Eric is looked at as an up and coming arm in the Dodger system after a strong showing in the Arizona Fall League.
Thanks to Eric for taking time out to do this with us....

Thought of RS: When the Pirates drafted you,how did they present themselves?
Considering how terrible that they had been,did they come off in a good or bad way?

Eric Krebs:They presented themselves well and explained everything and said they were gonna be turning it around in years to come.

TRS: Who was the scout that signed you?Any interaction with him before the draft?

EK: Mike Leauzinger..hmm I think we might have talked a little

TRS: Did the Pirates show interest in you before the draft?

EK: Not really

TRS: Was being selected by them a surprise ?

EK: Yea, because I didn't hear much from them

TRS: Did you think that another team was most likely to take you and if so what team??

EK: Yes and i cant really remember. i thought the royals would sign me as a draft and follow from 2004

TRS: Right after you signed in 2005,they assigned you straight to Williamsport,did they offer that as an incentive to sign early?

EK: No. i was told when i signed i would prolly go to rookie ball for a bit but never did

TRS: A few thoughts on your time in Williamsport?

EK: I actually liked the place and the town and fans.

TRS: Just for personal reference and I doubt you remember too much,tell me about any memories/how you liked to pitch about facing Indian prospect Matt McBride,who hit the foul ball that you threw and I caught in Williamsport..(Note to Battlin' Bob,you remember that?!!)

EK:Yes I've faced Matt a few times throughout the last few years and I recently faced him in the AFL. he is a good hitter. he has got some hits and I've got him out also.

Photo Credit
Ryan Heimberger

3 comments:

Mike said...

How could I forget that Shawn??... YOU TELL ME EVERYTIME WE ARE AT A BALLGAME!!!!

Shawn said...

Really,Bob?
I never thought it came up before!!!

Ryan H. said...

Ah, memories.
NOT SO FUNNY WHEN THE SAME FOUL BALL STORY GET REPEATED OVER AND OVER AGAIN IS IT BOB?