Monday, February 22, 2010

Eric Krebs Interview-Part 5


The Eric Krebs interview concludes today with the final installment.
Thanks again to Eric for taking his time to do this.

TRS: Your strengths have always been your fastball,what has become your breaking/off speed pitch of choice?

EK: My slider. its always been a decent out pitch but it has really become a pitch I can throw in any count and its gain of velo and tighter break.

TRS: Your numbers in Arizona were very strong,what was the most important thing that you did against such strong competition?

EK: I just went out and did what I was confident doing and stick with my strengths. The talent out there was great. I watched hitters a lil more and just took some notes on what some hitters had trouble hitting.

TRS: What's the routine playing in the AFL? Is it more laid back than the regular season?

EK: It's very laid back. once games started we would show up and throw and hit BP then take it to the clubhouse. It was very relaxed and had fun,It was a great experience

TRS: You played with Manny Ramirez at Inland Empire,was he cool and did he buy the team anything like many MLBers on rehab do for the regular guys?

EK: Having Manny on out team for 4 games was a great experience. He was a cool guy and joked around with us and talked to everyone. he signed stuff for people and he did buy us dinner

TRS: Looks like you will be either at AA Chattanooga or AAA Albuquerque to start the season,have you ever been to either place and does one have a preference for you to start?

EK: I've never been to either place. of course I'd love to start in AAA but I'm just hoping to be in AA.

TRS: Are you looking forward to meeting Sandy Koufax at spring training,which has to be one benefit of being a Dodger?

EK: Yes that will be a great experience. I've met a lot of people with the Dodgers already. Tommy Lasorda was one of them and is a great guy and has some great speeches.

TRS: As an avowed Eastbound and Down fan,tell me your favorite clip from the show.

EK: Ha ha that show is great. me and my buddies know everyones words from that season. so many great clips to pick from. Kenny Powers, Stevie Janowski, and Clegg are all great.


TRS: Are you thinking about changing your nickname from Nuke LaLoosh to Kenny Powers?!

EK: Ha ha i'll stick with Nuke LaLoosh since that's been with me since like 2004

Photo Credit-Ryan Heimberger

No comments: