Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snow,Snow go away


With another "major winter event" as they breathlessly say on the Weather Channel on its way.
Please allow me a few words to say-I HATE WINTER!
Driving in it,being in stuck at work in it and shoveling it-there is nothing redeeming about a heavy snow.
A light snow of an inch or two,well that I can tolerate,but there is not a single thing that I can think of that a heavy snow brings to mind that one can say that is positive.

I really need to move to a southern climate,preferably one within driving distance of a few minor league baseball teams!
I know they were hammered recently,but it happens far less often and as a result,things go far much smoother because everything shuts down and is nice and quiet!

In any event,the weather analysts drive me crazy during this stuff as they tend to be super pumped and happy as all get loose,while I am generally miserable.
I can understand it though as snowstorms,hurricanes etc are their versions of me going to a new ballpark,the NFL draft etc,so I understand the passion.
And God forbid that I have to listen to how wonderful this is from one of the most annoying people on television-as shown below

I generally enjoy TWC,but as previously noted I cannot stand Stephanie Abrams!
Maybe in the future on a slow day (like today),I'll write about my favorite TWC personalities.
And yes,that means it was a REALLY slow news day.
In any event,stay safe in the snow and if you are avoiding the bad weather,lucky you!

2 comments:

Wooden U. Lykteneau said...

People's happiness with snowfall is inversely proportional to their responsibility for shoveling it.

Shawn said...

Or their ability to take a personal day during it!