Thursday, February 11, 2010

Erik Arnesen Interview-Part 2


Our interview with Erik Arnesen continues today with part two of the four part interview

TRS: The cities in the Eastern League are a little larger than the SAL or Carolina League,did you enjoy that or was it a non factor?

EA:I enjoyed seeing new places, but we don’t exactly go site-seeing while we’re there. As long as there’s food within walking distance from the hotel, it’s a good city.

TRS: What were your favorite ballparks/towns in both the Carolina and Eastern leagues?

EA: In the Carolina League I really enjoyed playing in Myrtle Beach; it was a nice ballpark within walking distance from where we stayed, and a really fun town. In the Eastern League, it was nice to play in Trenton because of how close to home it was.

TRS: Was there a ballpark in either league that you really didn't care for and why?

EA: I can't think of any one place I really didn't like to play; each ballpark had its own unique features that added to the game. The older ones have a great old-school feel that make you think of the great players that came before you, and the newer ones are a picture of where it’s going, a reminder that it’s still the greatest game.

TRS: Was there a pitch that you have worked on that has turned things around for your development?

EA: Developing my slider really affected my game, as it’s been my primary out pitch. More recently, Randy helped fine-tune my splitter and it’s now better than my change-up; I’m comfortable throwing it in various situations and it’s been pretty effective.

TRS: Tell me about the importance of you dropping weight to your career,it seems as things improved as you lost weight.

EA: I feel better and stronger as I get in better shape and I think both of those things have helped me become a better pitcher.

TRS: Do you think that has been the most important factor in your rise?
If not,what is.

EA: I don't think weight loss has been the biggest factor, though I'm sure it's played a part. I think learning how to pitch, having a good approach and a solid game plan have really helped me the most.

Photo Credit-

No comments: