Friday, February 19, 2010

Eric Krebs Interview-Part 3


The Eric Krebs interview continues with part three today as Eric discusses some of his trade to the Dodgers.

TRS: Of the four towns that you played in as a Pirate,three are now no longer Pirate teams (Williamsport,Hickory.
Lynchburg),which of the four towns did you like playing in the most and why?

EK: I'm gonna have to say Altoona. good fans and a very nice town. plus the towns we travel to are better than the other pirate affiliates. and a lot nicer fields.

TRS:Was there one teams fans that stood above the others and if so why?

EK: Myrtle Beach had some good fans. except for all the drunks giving us hell in the bullpen.

TRS: Did you ever have any disagreements with the Pirate organization on anything about pitching?
Did they ever try to change anything that you didn't feel comfortable with?

EK: No we got along just fine. they tweeked my mechanics here and there but nothing major that affected how I felt.

TRS: What players have you become good friends with from being with the Pirates?

EK: Brad Lincoln, Justin Vaclavik, Tony Watson, Jared Hughes, Jake Cuffman, Kevin Roberts, Brian Friday and others. I got along with a lot of guys and they were all great buddies.

TRS: Did the Pirates give any hint at all that you could be traded soon?

EK: No, not at all. I was shocked.

TRS: Where did you find out,how did they tell you and what were your feelings on the matter?

EK:I was walking in the clubhouse in Altoona. had a missed call from Kyle Stark so I called him back. I thought i was in trouble for something but then he explained it all. I was shocked, happy, upset all at once.

No comments: