Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Eric Krebs Interview-Part 2


Our interview with former Pirate farmhand and current Dodger prospect Eric Krebs moves on to part two of five today.
I am hoping to be back later with another post.

TRS: Some thoughts on Hagerstown and its lovely stadium?

EK: Well I remember the locker room was very tiny and very cold. haha and the showers werent very clean.

TRS: Any remembrances of the Arctic like four game ice bowl series that Hickory played here?

EK: The game I pitched there was a good one. charting in the stands though I lost feeling in my legs. I remember our bullpen tried to start a fire out there that series.

TRS: Pitching in such awful weather,were you worried about injuring your arm?

EK: Nope not at all. just told myself to make sure I'm warm and stretch a lot

TRS: Do you think that your arm issues that occurred shortly thereafter could have been caused by pitching in that game?

EK: No. my arm injuries have been just tendinitis and no used to throwin ' that much and my mechanics put extra strain on it.

TRS: After you returned to the mound in 2007,you moved to the bullpen,did you like that move?
Or did you prefer starting?

EK: I loved the move. I prefer relieving. I like the adrenaline rush of getting warm quick and going in the game without knowing.

TRS: How did the Pirates talk with you about becoming a reliever?

EK: Just said I'm going back as a reliever. that was the quickest way to get me back there without staying in Florida longer to get built back up for starting again.

TRS: Were there any pitching coaches as you moved through the Pirate system that stood out as influential to your career in a good or bad way?

EK: Most all my pitching coaches have helped me some way or another. I really like Bruce Tanner, Bob Milacki, Dave Lundquist, Dean Treanor and Wally Whitehurst.

Photo Credit-Ryan Heimberger

No comments: