Thursday, April 27, 2017
2017 Mock Draft
I don't see Greg as much as I used to,but he's always going to be my oldest friend and I'm sure I'll be talking draft to him sometime this weekend.
So,for "Big Ern" here is a quick mock draft!
A few caveats.
1) This is a combo of what I would do and what I think will happen.
2) No trades involved,Quickest way to ruin these is guessing on trades.
3) Be nice,this literally came at the last minute!!
1) Cleveland:Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M-Don't overthink it-take the difference maker
2) San Francisco:Solomon Thomas DL Stanford-Versatile local gives 49ers a disruptive DL presence.
3) Chicago: Jamal Adams S.LSU-Bears take the safest player in the draft
4) Jacksonville:Leonard Fournette RB LSU-Bull like runner makes sense with Doug Marrone coaching,
5) Tennessee:Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State-Only question is hamstrings.
6) N.Y.Jets: Mitch Trubisky QB North Carolina-Only question here is Jets want a QB now or 2018?
7) L.A.Chargers:Malik Hooker S Ohio State-The new Ed Reed?
8) Carolina:Mike Williams WR Clemson-No matter the pick-Panthers go offense
9) Cincinnati:Hassan Reddick LB Temple-Bengals add rush off the end.
10) Buffalo; Jonathan Allen DT Alabama-Not a huge need,Buffalo takes best player,who slid with injury questions.
11) New Orleans;Derek Barnett DE Tennessee-Saints need D and take one of my favorite players in this draft.
12) Cleveland:O.J.Howard TE Alabama-A QB here wouldn't be a stunner-especially if Mitch Trubisky falls here.
13) Arizona: DeShaun Watson QB.Clemson-Cal it a hunch
14) Philadelphia:Marlon Humphrery CB Alabama-Big physical corner.
15) Indianapolis:Ryan Ramcyzk T,Wisconsin-Andrew Luck needs to add some protection.
16) Baltimore: Takkarist McKinley LB UCLA.Looks to be a fit for the Ravens defense.
17) Washington:Reuben Foster LB Alabama-Small slide after combine issues-brings attitude.
18) Tennessee:John Ross WR Washington-Deep threat for Marcus Mariota
19) Tampa Bay:Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford-Versatile Swiss Army Knife back gives Jameis Winston a weapon.
20) Denver: Garrett Bolles T Utah-Position of need
21) Detroit: DeMarcus Walker DE Florida State-Will need to play several spots to maximize skills
22) Miami: Tre'Davious White CB LSU-Defensive need-Best D available
23) N.Y.Giants;David Njoku TE-Miami FL.Athletic rangy pass catcher.
24) Oakland: Obi Melifouwu-S Connecticut-Huge safety with lots of the physical abilities.
25) Houston:Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech-My favorite QB.
26) Seattle:Cam Robinson G Alabama-Can play guard or tackle
27) Kansas City:Corey Davis WR Western Michigan-Chiefs need more playmakers on offense
28) Dallas:Gareon Conley CB Ohio State-Dallas takes the risk and nabs a top 15 player.
29) Green Bay:T.J. Watt LB Wisconsin-Too good to be true,which is why it might not!
30) Pittsburgh:Kevin King CB Washington-Corner to help the continued secondary rebuild.
31) Atlanta: Charles Harris DE Missouri Situational pass rusher,but could have early impact
32) New Orleans: Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt Athletic backer with high ceiling,but low floor
33) Cleveland:Budda Baker S Washington-Third best safety in this draft,Great value at this pick