Thursday, April 27, 2017

Cleveland Browns-Persons of Interest-Part Two

Ready to work on part two of the Persons of Interest that I like for the Cleveland Browns,this time on the defensive side of the ball..
IF (huge IF) time permits,I might do a throwback just for fun mock draft...

I've stated that I'm fully in on Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett at number one,but in the event that the Browns do take the (Huge) risk on Mitch Trubisky at one,the Browns will still need someone to rush the passer.
I like Solomon Thomas of Stanford,but I doubt he'll be there at 12 or maybe even in the event of a tradeup.
Alabama's Jonathan Allen is an excellent player,but has bad shoulders and I wonder about the length of his career.
I also like Tennessee's Derek Barnett,a high effort player that would make lots of sense for the Browns at 12 (if he gets by the Saints at 11),if they used the top pick on Mitch Trubisky and even though he went to school at an unnamed school,I think Taco Charlton was super against Ohio State and I think he could be a great pick for someone late in round one or early in round two.
A sleeper that I like on day three is Dawyane Smoot of Illinois,who is a hustle guy that never stops.
Those types of guys find a way to make teams...

The easy pick is Alabama's Rueben Foster at linebacker,but there are two players that I don't see as a dropoff compared to Foster and can be gotten at a lesser cost in Florida's Jarrad Davis and Ohio State's Raekwon McMillan.
Both are inside players and won't translate to the outside,but make sense for a team that tackles so badly.
On the outside,I like three guys,but not sure at 12 and just as unsure that they make it at 33.
Temple's Hassan Reddick is more of a pure speed rusher and might make sense if Miles Garrett is not the pick.
Tarriarist McKinley of UCLA has all the tools and might be a every down player and there's always T.J.Watt of Wisconsin and that family tree.
I also like Tyus Bowser of Houston as a 3rd or 4th rounder..

The secondary is badly in need of help and I'd really like either Malik Hooker of Ohio State or Jamal Adams of LSU.
Hooker is the playmaker,but Adams is the more rounded player=I'd love to have either!
I like Washington's Budda Baker at 33 as a consolation,but Connecticut's Obi Melifonwu is rising on draft boards with his size (6'4) and athletic ability.
On the corner,two of the top four corners are Buckeyes in Marshon Lattimore and Gareon Conley.
Both come with issues,Lattimore's tendency to pull hamstrings and Conley has a just discovered off the field accusation.
Lattimore will be gone at and Conley could fall for a while,but the supposed crime happened in Cleveland,perhaps the Browns have some inside intel and maybe they could scoop a first round talent later in the draft.
I like the physical tools of Alabama's Marlon Humphrey and Tre'Davious White of LSU is the most balanced corner with the least amount of risk...
I wouldn't be against a day three flier on injured Sidney Jones of Washington,who might have been a first rounder.

I'm going to try to do a mock draft for the first time in years soon,don't kill me too much for it-just having fun and put next to no time into it


No comments: