Sunday, November 6, 2016

Pacquiao decisions Vargas-Boxing Challenge

The boxing challenge continued in Las Vegas with a four bout card of WBO championships.
I added 8 points for the night to R.L.Malpica's 6 and extended my lead to 119-98...

In the main event,Manny Pacquiao decisioned Jessie Vargas to win the WBO welterweight title.
Pacquiao scored the bout's only knockdown in the second round and generally controlled a lopsided,but interesting fight.
I had Pacquiao a 117-110 winner..
Both Ramon and I scored two points for the win.

In the evening's biggest upset,Jessie Magdaleno won the WBO junior featherweight belt away from Nonito Donaire via a unanimous decision in a fight that was exciting and I thought could have went either way.
The downer on this fight was the two judges scoring Magdaleno a 118-100 (10-2) winner in a fight that I scored 115-113 for the winner,but I could have seen a 115-113 score for the former champion.
No one would have complained about the winner had the scores been closer to reality.
I picked Magdaleno and picked up two points for the win to Ramon's zero for picking Donaire..

In the evening's biggest mismatch,Oscar Valdez retained his WBO featherweight title with a seventh round knockout over overmatched mandatory contender Hiroshige Ogawa of Japan.
I had Valdez winning every round in a fight that did nothing other than fulfill the mandatory of the sanctioning body for Valdez.
Ramon and I each earned two points for the stoppage..

We each would add two points for Zou Shiming's unanimous decision over Prasitpak Papoem to win the vacant WBO flyweight title in a bout that I have yet to watch...

Listen to FightHeads Monday at 8 EST for Ramon and I's thoughts on the card from Las Vegas.


No comments: