The boxing challenge continued in Las Vegas with a four bout card of WBO championships.
I added 8 points for the night to R.L.Malpica's 6 and extended my lead to 119-98...
In the main event,Manny Pacquiao decisioned Jessie Vargas to win the WBO welterweight title.
Pacquiao scored the bout's only knockdown in the second round and generally controlled a lopsided,but interesting fight.
I had Pacquiao a 117-110 winner..
Both Ramon and I scored two points for the win.
In the evening's biggest upset,Jessie Magdaleno won the WBO junior featherweight belt away from Nonito Donaire via a unanimous decision in a fight that was exciting and I thought could have went either way.
The downer on this fight was the two judges scoring Magdaleno a 118-100 (10-2) winner in a fight that I scored 115-113 for the winner,but I could have seen a 115-113 score for the former champion.
No one would have complained about the winner had the scores been closer to reality.
I picked Magdaleno and picked up two points for the win to Ramon's zero for picking Donaire..
In the evening's biggest mismatch,Oscar Valdez retained his WBO featherweight title with a seventh round knockout over overmatched mandatory contender Hiroshige Ogawa of Japan.
I had Valdez winning every round in a fight that did nothing other than fulfill the mandatory of the sanctioning body for Valdez.
Ramon and I each earned two points for the stoppage..
We each would add two points for Zou Shiming's unanimous decision over Prasitpak Papoem to win the vacant WBO flyweight title in a bout that I have yet to watch...
Listen to FightHeads Monday at 8 EST for Ramon and I's thoughts on the card from Las Vegas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ohio State rolls past Ball State
Unlike that school up North that won over Western Michigan in the biggest injustice since the 1972 Olympic Gold Medal game in basketball...
-
Some people have just been unlucky in life. It's hard to call Jose Luis Castillo unlucky in his career. After all, Castillo was a t...
-
We return to the Forgotten Superstars universe with an actual "Superstar" by name as our latest entry in the series. The recen...
-
Last year as the ballots for the boxing hall of fame was announced, I wrote about two fighters that deserved induction and had not receive...
No comments:
Post a Comment