27-13 loss to the New York Giants in Cleveland.
Josh McCown threw for over 300 yards and the Browns only touchdown on a pass to Corey Coleman,while Terrelle Pryor finished with six catches for 131 yards as the main offensive star.
The Browns have a bye week this Sunday and return on 12/11 at home vs the Bengals...
1) Offensive line. Offensive line.Offensive line.
After Pittsburgh (and its 13 sacks entering the game) rolled over the Browns for eight dumps of the passer,the Giants ranked 29th in the league added seven more sacks.
The Browns just cannot protect the passer and the off season decisions took an average group and made it awful.
2) You know what I might do-Call the Rams and ask what the cost for Greg Robinson might be?
The former top five pick has been benched for them,wonder if they'd be interested after the season.
I also have no idea why we have seen nothing (more below) from former first rounder and waiver claimee Jonathan Cooper either-like he could be any worse?
3) Game was still in question until former Buckeye Jonathan Hankins stripped Josh McCown of the ball and Jason Pierre-Paul cruised into the end zone for the crushing blow.
I know the Browns need so much,but boy,they have to do something on the line,don't they?
4) Terrelle Pryor went over one hundred yards with a 54 yard catch on the day against the foul mouthed tweeter Janoris Jenkins,but as far as in the game,you can see Pryor's frustration building on the sideline with the Browns.
I was asked last night did I think Pryor was going to stay a Brown (free agent after the season),I think he wants to and I think he feels like he owes something to Hue Jackson
5) Josh McCown threw for 300 plus and didn't throw an interception,which looks nice on the box score.
The reality is different as he often was inaccurate and either threw the ball too soon or too late-taking a sack or a hit.
That's not all his fault,considering his protection,but I thought before that Josh McCown gave the Browns the best chance to win a game.
Not sure I agree with that now as McCown is looking every bit of his 37,but who would be a better choice??
6) Isaiah Crowell has struggled of late and again,the line play is a good reason for that,but his fumble inside the Browns 30 handed the Giants the football and the ensuing drive resulted in a Giants touchdown.
Ball possession has nothing to do with line play.Tuck it in.
7) The pass defense didn't play that badly.
Yes.Eli Manning threw for 3 scores,but the Browns held him to under 200 yards passing and Joe Haden did a better job than expected against Odell Beckham.
The secondary has been horrid at times this year,but I thought they had some good points in this game.
8) I was glad to see Rashard Higgins and Seth DeValve catch a few passes in playing time.
I'd like to see more playing time for both of these young receivers-especially Higgins,who should have been playing more when Corey Coleman was out with injury..
9) The offensive line got worse with John Greco's foot injury that ended the veteran guards season.
The Browns have now lost both of their starting guards,so maybe now Jonathan Cooper will see some playing time...
10) 0-12,Can this team get a win?
The Bengals are in flux and that's in Cleveland,so maybe.
I doubt Buffalo or Pittsburgh are likely road losses and I still think San Diego at home is the one.
Until then,lets hope for a San Francisco win.
Believe or not,the 49ers won their opener and haven't won since.
I'd hate to see 1-15 not be worth the top pick in the draft....