Friday, October 21, 2016
Beaten in Boston-Devils lose 2-1
However,the Boston Bruins scored twice in the final ten minutes,one with under two minutes to play and left the Devils grasping at air in a 2-1 Boston win.
Cory Schneider finished with 34 saves in the loss.
The Devils face Minnesota on Saturday-no coverage as the game is against the Ohio State trip to Penn State
1) The Devils lived by the deflection and died by it.
The Kyle Palmeiri goal was redirected off a skate of Boston's Brandon Cairo and the game winner by Patrice Bergeron ticked off the skate of Kyle Quincey,handcuffing Cory Schneider and giving Boston the win.
2) New Jersey just seemed out of sync in this loss and was outskated by the Bruins.
I'm going to give a lot of the credit for this to being the Boston home opener.
The Devils were boosted vs Anaheim by that factor,I'll assume that was the case for Boston in this one...
3) Cory Schneider was excellent in defeat.
Being beaten by a deflection and a well placed shot to defeat him,no shame there...
4) Remember the last edition of Hell Raisers when I raved about Taylor Hall being a finisher?
Hall missed an open net in this one and should have scored a goal,but Zdeno Chara did get a piece of the puck on a stick check and the penalty called on the play turned out to set up the Kyle Palmieri goal..
5) The Bruins honored my all time favorite player before the game as the 50th (I cannot believe that is so!) anniversary of Bobby Orr's debut is this year.
Orr pushed 98 year old Milt Schmidt to center ice for the ceremonial puck drop.
Orr is currently a player agent and looks like with a drop or two or hair dye that he could still play today....